Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Jack Flash
macrumors 65816

Why is iTunes "unable" to find Album Art when it should be?

Several of my imported CDs are without album artwork. They contain perfect ID3 data and I've checked to see that there is no difference in the spelling on the Album title, song names, etc between my copy and iTunes' listing, so, why can't iTunes retrieve the album art for my music?
Jack Flash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 05:06 PM   #2
northy124
macrumors 68020

it happens sometimes i have it with 3 songs artwork not coming up.
northy124 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:12 PM   #3
energiie
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
Several of my imported CDs are without album artwork. They contain perfect ID3 data and I've checked to see that there is no difference in the spelling on the Album title, song names, etc between my copy and iTunes' listing, so, why can't iTunes retrieve the album art for my music?
it's because you made the artist which doesnt match exactly to the itunes store one.

1. for example, if your song has an artist which is "Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson"
you have to get rid of the 'featuring Keri Hilson' part, so it will find the album.

2. and if that doesn't work, just mess around with the artist trying different ways of putting the name and stuff.

Hope this helps. .
energiie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store