Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Check 6
macrumors regular

ICON jiggle

I bought my wife an iphone last week and she and the comment several days ago that the icons on the desktop were jiggling well actually they were all bouncing but staying in basically they same position relative to one another. I thought that might be a alert to something but I cannot find it anywhere in the book I bought for her. Someone far smarter than I hopefully has the answer. Thanks
Check 6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:36 PM   #2
chadrob30
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check 6 View Post
I bought my wife an iphone last week and she and the comment several days ago that the icons on the desktop were jiggling well actually they were all bouncing but staying in basically they same position relative to one another. I thought that might be a alert to something but I cannot find it anywhere in the book I bought for her. Someone far smarter than I hopefully has the answer. Thanks
That means it is in custom mode, where you can move the icons around and pu t them on different pages, etc. Hit the Home button to stop it. To drag the icons around, hold one of them down until it jiggles, then drag it where you want it.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 06:03 PM   #3
JCastro
macrumors 6502a

It was new with the 1.1.3 update so it won't be in the book that came with the iPhone. No need to be worried!

Go here to see more on the updates.

Last edited by JCastro; Feb 12, 2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Edited to add link.
JCastro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:02 AM   #4
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Don't worry, be happy...

as stated earlier, during the "jiggling" you can move your icons around from page to page, or just change the order on your home screen. By adding web apps or icons, then you can move them from page to page. There are other threads regarding adding web apps/icons, as a matter of fact, if you go to MacRumors at the top page and press the MWSF tab, you'll see FOUR of my Home Screen Pages! Have fun...
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:49 AM   #5
Check 6
macrumors regular

Thanks fr the answer. My wife was not thrilled when I bought it for her (she had been using a Razor phone) but in the short week she has had it that has changed. It syncs with her Macbook pro so easily...... I will probably give up my Blackberry and get one too. Thanks again for the postings
Check 6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone