Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
I just installed Panther (a clean install), and it works nicely, except that when I press one of the Exposé keys (F9, F10, F11), it just beeps and doesn't exhibit the expected Exposé behavior.

If I change the shortcut key to alt, shift, control or command, those work, as do the hotspots. However, I use all the other keys and I don't particular care for hotspots. Personally, I'd prefer to use F9 through F11.

Am I missing something obvious?

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Re: Exposé F9/F10/F11 don't work... only beep?

Originally posted by Nall
I just installed Panther (a clean install), and it works nicely, except that when I press one of the Exposé keys (F9, F10, F11), it just beeps and doesn't exhibit the expected Exposé behavior.

If I change the shortcut key to alt, shift, control or command, those work, as do the hotspots. However, I use all the other keys and I don't particular care for hotspots. Personally, I'd prefer to use F9 through F11.

If you're using a powerbook, you need to hit the function key as you hit the f keys. If you don't, I'm not quite sure why it isn't working.

Alia

Nall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
Re: Re: Exposé F9/F10/F11 don't work... only beep?

Originally posted by alia
If you're using a powerbook, you need to hit the function key as you hit the f keys. If you don't, I'm not quite sure why it isn't working.

No, this is actually on a PowerMac G5. I haven't gotten around to installing a copy of Panther on the laptop yet, though I'll certainly keep that in mind when I finally get there. :)

m_gerbik

macrumors member
May 27, 2003
The Big Scrapple
Re: Exposé F9/F10/F11 don't work... only beep?

Originally posted by Nall

Me too! I have the same problem on a DP450 G4. All function keys just beep and appear to have no "function". Oh wait i just tried it and it works now. Maybe switching them back might help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.