Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:20 AM   #1
jonnyb
macrumors 6502a

Album art as Screensaver on Apple TV take 2?

Before the update I had my album art as my screensaver. Now it doesn't work - I just get a black screen if I choose that option. What has changed?

Incidentally, I use my Apple TV to stream stuff rather than store it.

Could someone else try it and see if it works for them. I hope they haven't changed it so you have to have the albums stored on the Apple TV itself...
jonnyb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:48 AM   #2
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
Before the update I had my album art as my screensaver. Now it doesn't work - I just get a black screen if I choose that option. What has changed?

Incidentally, I use my Apple TV to stream stuff rather than store it.

Could someone else try it and see if it works for them. I hope they haven't changed it so you have to have the albums stored on the Apple TV itself...
Mine works fine. It shows all the album artwork in the screen saver. I use my Apple TV to stream as well. Maybe you need to go into the setup or settings again. That is what I had to do. Go in and readjust the settings to your liking.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:32 AM   #3
jonnyb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
Mine works fine. It shows all the album artwork in the screen saver. I use my Apple TV to stream as well. Maybe you need to go into the setup or settings again. That is what I had to do. Go in and readjust the settings to your liking.
I've tried and I've re-tried - still no joy. Anyone else having the same problem?
jonnyb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 09:59 PM   #4
dharbon
macrumors newbie

make sure your itunes in the bottom right corner says Apple TV - I had the same problem when it was showing as computer. Personally i have no idea what either mean, but it worked for me
dharbon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 01:50 PM   #5
hotrod54chevy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharbon View Post
make sure your itunes in the bottom right corner says Apple TV - I had the same problem when it was showing as computer. Personally i have no idea what either mean, but it worked for me
that's asking what speaker you want iTunes to play out of,the computer or the tv
hotrod54chevy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Sky Blue

How do you set your album art as the screensaver?
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater