Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:54 AM   #1
Will514
macrumors newbie

Help please: Can't hear through ear piece receiver

Hi, I have a problem. I can't hear calls from my iPhone ear piece receiver. I can't hear people on incoming and outgoing calls and they can't hear me either. I can only hear them, and they hear me, if i put the phone on speaker phone. When i plug in the earphones i can hear calls fine but as soon as i take them out i can't hear anything and the same on the other end of the call. Has anyone out there ever have this problem?

I don't know what happened. It was working fine. I've had my iPhone for about 5 months now. It's jailbroken and unlocked. I never had any problems before. The only thing i think i did that might have caused this is that i was showing a friend how normal headsets don't fit in the headset jack by inserting a jack into the phone then i put the phone on the dock and plugged in my stereo system through the dock to play music. While the phone was playing music, i received a call. I pulled the phone out of the dock and answered the call. I couldn't hear anything. That's when it started but i've played music through the dock many times on my stereo before and this has never happened.

Please, if someone has a solution or has had this problem please let me know. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you for any information.

- Will

p.s. I forgot to mention that i "virginized" and restored my phone and re-jailbroke and re-unlocked my phone after this problem arose. no luck. still have the problem. so I think it might be a hard ware problem. this sucks.

Last edited by Will514; Feb 13, 2008 at 10:04 AM.
Will514 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Jeremy1026
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will514 View Post
Hi, I have a problem. I can't hear calls from my iPhone ear piece receiver. I can't hear people on incoming and outgoing calls and they can't hear me either. I can only hear them, and they hear me, if i put the phone on speaker phone. When i plug in the earphones i can hear calls fine but as soon as i take them out i can't hear anything and the same on the other end of the call. Has anyone out there ever have this problem?

I don't know what happened. It was working fine. I've had my iPhone for about 5 months now. It's jailbroken and unlocked. I never had any problems before. The only thing i think i did that might have caused this is that i was showing a friend how normal headsets don't fit in the headset jack by inserting a jack into the phone then i put the phone on the dock and plugged in my stereo system through the dock to play music. While the phone was playing music, i received a call. I pulled the phone out of the dock and answered the call. I couldn't hear anything. That's when it started but i've played music through the dock many times on my stereo before and this has never happened.

Please, if someone has a solution or has had this problem please let me know. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you for any information.

- Will

p.s. I forgot to mention that i "virginized" and restored my phone and re-jailbroke and re-unlocked my phone after this problem arose. no luck. still have the problem. so I think it might be a hard ware problem. this sucks.

Insert and remove your headphones multiple times quickly. Odds are the iPhone isn't recognizing that your headphones are out. I had this happen and after fighting with it for a while I called Apple Support and that was thier official fix.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:52 AM   #3
tpouliot
macrumors member

Try rebooting the phone

I had some issues with audio. Do a full reboot -- hold down the top button and the home button at the same time until you see the logo. This worked for me.
64 GB iPad
tpouliot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Will514
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026 View Post
Insert and remove your headphones multiple times quickly. Odds are the iPhone isn't recognizing that your headphones are out. I had this happen and after fighting with it for a while I called Apple Support and that was thier official fix.
Thank you so much!!!! It worked!!! Much appreciated! So thrilled! Awesome! Thanks again!
Will514 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 PM   #5
Macnut4u
macrumors newbie

Sound

Try blowing the mesh on top and the ear piece port
Macnut4u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:29 PM   #6
sud007
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026 View Post
i too am having same issue on 3gs...cant believe it wot happened!
it was just fine lately!

tried ur fix mate..dint work!
sud007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting