Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 13, 2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Scallywag
macrumors regular

Powerbook G4 harddrive swap problem

So I recently upgraded the RAM and installed a 7200 rpm hard drive into my powerbook 1.33. Everything went smoothly, but now after waking from sleep, the spinning wheel shows up and the computer goes unresponsive.

The spinning lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, after that it works fine. It normally happens with safari running, but sometimes not. Also, it really only seems to happen when running on AC...on battery power it's fine.

Is this an airport issue? Should I do an SMC reset?

Any advice is appreciated
Scallywag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:26 PM   #2
itou
macrumors regular

i have exactly the same computer as you and have upgraded my RAM and HDD over the years as well. I haven't experienced any trouble though, i would suggest you take it in for service. If it's only after you've upgraded the components that the computer has failed, it is most likely the components that is causing the failure.
itou is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs