Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Feb 13, 2008, 03:40 PM   #1
mchank
macrumors regular

iPhone headphone adapter with volume control?

Are there any headphone adapters that also have mic and volume control? I've searched on ebay but all those look pretty flimsy. I'm looking for a quality one like the Shure MPA but with volume control too.
mchank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:37 PM   #2
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
Shure makes a volume adapter that comes with most of their headphones, simple about an inch long chord with just a cheap looking knob. Although it looks rather cheap in my expereince it has help up nicely. Althought with the MPA and the side volume control...I really don't know why you would ened one?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 01:28 PM   #3
PatrickC
macrumors member

I just picked one up today at RadioShack for $10. The brand is Accurian and the plug needs just a little trimming with a knife and it will fit the iPhone perfectly. It completely eliminated the slight "hiss" that can be heard with good in-ear headphones. The only downside is the 4 foot cord, but I'll live with that tied up in my pocket.

EDIT: There is no mic on this adapter, and a set of headphones with mic will not work with it. Sorry, I didn't read the first post close enough.
PatrickC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories