Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

26theone

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Ever since the 2.0 update last night I have been unable to connect to the Apple TV via itunes on my pc. It worked fine before the update although a bit flaky.

I removed the connection to my itunes account from the apple tv. I choose connect to itunes on the apple tv. I see the apple tv show up in devices in itunes. I input the passcode in itunes. In itunes it says verifying passcode for about a minute. Then the apple tv disappears from the itunes devices and there is no connectivity. On the apple tv the connection to my itunes library is grayed out.

Both my vista PC and Appletv are connected via ethernet by a 10/100 switch. I can browse the itunes store on both the pc and the apple tv with no problems. I can watch movie trailers on the apple tv with no problems.

I have restarted my pc, restarted the apple tv. reinstalled itunes using the repair option as well. Still no luck.

So far calling apple support has not helped either.

Any ideas for my new $350 device that cant connect to my music and movie library?

RHD

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
London
Gosh, what a nightmare.
Well if Apple can't fix it they should refund it.

In the UK, (don't know how it works in America, or where you are) if you buy something that is not fit for purpose (doesn't work as described when you bought it) the seller has to refund you. You have to either get Apple to fix it (fast) or take it back to where you bought it and jump up and down until they refund you. (Which can take a lot of jumping up and down but them's the breaks)

Good luck!

applehappy

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Ever since the 2.0 update last night I have been unable to connect to the Apple TV via itunes on my pc. It worked fine before the update although a bit flaky.

I removed the connection to my itunes account from the apple tv. I choose connect to itunes on the apple tv. I see the apple tv show up in devices in itunes. I input the passcode in itunes. In itunes it says verifying passcode for about a minute. Then the apple tv disappears from the itunes devices and there is no connectivity. On the apple tv the connection to my itunes library is grayed out.

Both my vista PC and Appletv are connected via ethernet by a 10/100 switch. I can browse the itunes store on both the pc and the apple tv with no problems. I can watch movie trailers on the apple tv with no problems.

I have restarted my pc, restarted the apple tv. reinstalled itunes using the repair option as well. Still no luck.

So far calling apple support has not helped either.

Any ideas for my new $350 device that cant connect to my music and movie library?

So, you do not have a wireless lan? Seems your problem is related to the 10/100 switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.