Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:29 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple stores should carry Apple-branded apparel

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Apple stores should carry Apple-branded apparel
Description:: Apple should sell Apple-branded apparel and knick-knacks at their retail stores.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:48 PM   #2
zephead
macrumors 68000

While I'd like to have all sorts of Apple knick-knacks, I completely agree with one of the comments on that article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB
No, Apple shouldn’t. While Harley-Davison is something of an icon, the scores of people, children and pets with official HD apparel completely cheapens the brand. The brand is and should be treated as special and wearing it is unique.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 08:34 PM   #3
clayj
macrumors 604

I've been to the Company Store on the Apple campus in Cupertino... picked up a couple of polo shirts, a baseball cap, a "I visited the Mothership" t-shirt, some pens, and other knick-knacks. They go great with the Microsoft shirts and gear I have from working for Bill. The folks at the Apple Store here gape when I walk in wearing gear that even they can't get.

But I agree that selling this stuff just anywhere would cheapen the brand. To get stuff like that, you either need to have worked for the company, or you need to have gone to the source, i.e., the company's HQ.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:03 AM   #4
BenRoethig
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to BenRoethig Send a message via Yahoo to BenRoethig
that's a pretty good idea acutally.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion