Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
USA
My last Rev 15" Powerbook G4 has been having some problems with the screen and graphics, listed below.

When tilting the screen, random lines of snow flash up on top of the display. I have seen this on other PowerBooks and older iBooks.

When waking up the computer, the mouse cursor is replaced by a block of snow-like static.

Graphics in general seem sluggish after a period of use, iTunes lags, expose takes forever to run, etc. Im running Leopard, but all the eyecandy is turned off.

My specs:
15" PowerBook G4 1.67 Ghz
80GB HDD (40GB for OS, rest for iTunes storage)
ATi 9700, 128MB Graphics
2GB DDR2-4200 RAM
AppleCare until 11/09 (or 08, cant remember)

Thanks,

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
are these new problems or old? I've been having similar issues with G4's after this week's software updates.

try to figure out how to consistently re-create the screen artifacts so that you can take show the geniuses at an apple store (and let me know)

the applecare should be good through 11/08, not 11/09.

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
USA
I have been having these problems for a while now, but the reason why I havent gone to the Apple Store is that I dont know how to recreate it. The problems just randomly appear. And the link doesnt work BTW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.