Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbothos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Philly
my computer just crashed and I have lost all my data (the usual problem of file-vault and leopard I am afraid... please be aware that file-vault is incompatible with leopard... it will erase all your data).. I still have my contacts on my iphone and I was wondering whether it is possible to transfer all my contacts from my iphone back to the computer... please help me...

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Yep, ditto what jbothos just stated...

since I had my iPhone develop a software glitch and received a new iPhone and synced in the parking lot of the Apple Store. While my son dropped his laptop and was unable to retrieve his iPhone data; he went out and bought (actually we bought him) a new MacBook 2.16 and he synced with the new MacBook instantly! Works like a charm. :cool:

jbothos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Philly
since I had my iPhone develop a software glitch and received a new iPhone and synced in the parking lot of the Apple Store. While my son dropped his laptop and was unable to retrieve his iPhone data; he went out and bought (actually we bought him) a new MacBook 2.16 and he synced with the new MacBook instantly! Works like a charm. :cool:

thank you so much.. just plugged it into computer and make sure not to check the box that says replace info from iphone with computer...thanks again!!

thomasrofl

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
To send iphone contents to computer.

How do I synk my address book from my iTouch to my MacBook?
Thanks for helping me out before I loose all my contacts!

All you need to do is:

iTunes>Click the iPhone on the left tabs>Info>Contacts>Sync

Thats how i did it and it worked!

Or Download a freeware software named "Sharepod". It will do the job and you can also back up all your IPOD music files for the future in case you face a computer crash or loose.

Download here

Fertalruss

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
I tried using itunes to transfer my contacts to my home computer from my iphone without success. my iphone contacts are sync'ed with my work computer through MS exchange server. itunes says it will do but it hasn't for me.:(

totzIe

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
Is there a direct way to transfer iPhone (gen 1) contacts to PC without the need for iTunes? My computer crashed and I just don't understand why iTunes would want to delete my iPhone music? All I want to do is transfer my contacts to my PC to sort of back them up and be able to transfer them to my new 4S.

Ideas? Preferably a free way - i.e. open the hidden folder on the iPhone and copy paste to the PC? I was thinking Outlook but it still needs iTunes sync, right?

infinitymedia

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2012
How to transfer account details from iPhone to MAC?

Hi,
I would like to sync the mail account details from iPhone to Mac. I have activated my mail account in iPhone. Now I want to Sync those details with MAC.

Is there any possible way to Sync mail login details from iPhone to MAC???

Aurora91

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
transfer contacts from iphone to computer

you can sync the contacts with a third party software and then send it to computer.

daytona

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
As an update, I have since upgraded their Contacts program and now I have a choice to transfer unlimited number of contacts as opposed to sharing on twitter in order to get more out of the Beta.

I apologize, I should update the thread here. I too have gone full version. And I find it really nice and easy to use.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Easiest way I think is to turn iCloud on and merge existing contacts on iPhone to iCloud. From there login to iCloud.com from the computer and export.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.