crazy88
macrumors newbie

how do i make web pages bigger to whole screen

as title says my safari opens and it's small how do i make it bigger
crazy88 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:12 PM   #2
CalBoy
macrumors 601

The green "+" will readjust it to the size necessary to fit all content on the page, and if you want it bigger, drag out the corner until it's how you like it.

Safari will "remember" the last window size so you won't have to do it again.
CalBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:15 PM   #3
richard.mac
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to richard.mac
why do you want Safari to take up your whole screen? youll just get white spaces either side for most sites and for forums such as MacRumors youll get very long text lines which i find hard to read especially on a wide screen display.

in answer to your question just move Safari to the very top left and drag the bottom right of the window (has 3 diagonal lines) to the right.

you can also use Saft to make Safari windows open full screen.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:15 PM   #4
mediaguru
macrumors regular

The distracting thing is when popup windows (that you launch from a link or otherwise) often resize the browser window.

The plugin Saft ($12 USD) has an option to automatically zoom all new Safari windows to fill the screen.

EDIT: Sorry, richthomas, you beat me to it...
mediaguru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:16 PM   #5
crazy88
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBoy View Post
The green "+" will readjust it to the size necessary to fit all content on the page, and if you want it bigger, drag out the corner until it's how you like it.

Safari will "remember" the last window size so you won't have to do it again.
Thank you..

Just got imac learning how to use it....
crazy88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:17 PM   #6
CalBoy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaguru View Post
The plugin Saft ($12 USD) has an option to automatically zoom all new Safari windows to fill the screen.
But why is this needed? Even on my 15" mbp, I find that having a "half screen" Safari window is just ok. Surely no one needs a full screen window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
Thank you..

Just got imac learning how to use it....
No problem.

A little advice though, maximizing windows is really a "Windows" thing. You'll learn to leave it behind if you give the green + a chance.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:20 PM   #7
mediaguru
macrumors regular

Quote:
But why is this needed? Even on my 15" mbp, I find that having a "half screen" Safari window is just ok. Surely no one needs a full screen window?
Full screen, IMO, is not really what's needed. This feature in Saft is the closest thing I have found to forcing a consistent window size every time, however.
mediaguru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:22 PM   #8
CalBoy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaguru View Post
Full screen, IMO, is not really what's needed. This feature in Saft is the closest thing I have found to forcing a consistent window size every time, however.
But unless you're looking at the same stuff every time, you can't have a consistent window (or you wouldn't want it in any case).

IMHO, the resize feature is really useful because I just tap the + and get an instantly resized window that is exactly how I need it to be.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:27 PM   #9
ntrigue
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ntrigue
Your solution is a Javasript Applet. I saved 'maximize' to the Bookmarks Bar and tada!

Simply drag the link of your choice and rename Full Screen and More @ http://www.jydesign.com/safari/

Last edited by ntrigue; Feb 19, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
ntrigue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 03:56 AM   #10
AlexisV
macrumors 65816

Windows users like to have it filling the screen because it's what they're used to.

After a few weeks of using OS X and skipping between different programs, you'll realise it isn't necessary and actually a hindrance.

Not to mention that webpages aren't designed to be widescreen, so you'll get two white block on either side on most pages.
AlexisV is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:25 PM   #11
Mac Addict
macrumors member

Quote:
A little advice though, maximizing windows is really a "Windows" thing. You'll learn to leave it behind if you give the green + a chance.
Well said
Mac Addict is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac