Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwfl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
hello everyone,
i posted this problem before and i was advised to update my graphics driver which i did but no good luck appeared.

anyway, my last post problem was not clear so i am doing it again with a clear images

these pictures describes my problem, on my iMac and running xp under boot camp i frequently get this grading issue

and this

also this

this happens like 2 times a week and wont go unless i restart my computer
these pictures are taken by my iPhone
if i do screenshot from the xp, the pictures are very clear and no grading issues when viewed by you, or even when i see them when i restart.

under mac, there no graphics problems at all.

i dont want to do a format, because i dont want install every piece of software again, and i have Tiger where boot camp expired

my iMac is alu 2.8 4GB and 2600xt

please help me solve this.
thanks.

UnInvincible

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
This is very similar to my problem, i have some weird color gradiant things too, and the screenshots look normal when i reboot too... I have a thread going on and some other people are having similar problems...
One question I do have is if there are 5 monitors showed in the Device Manger? Bcuz that seems to be one thing similar with people having display problems.
Sry I can't help, but i've been looking around for solutions and i'll let u know if I find something, make sure u post the solution if u find one...

kwfl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
yes 5 monitors
3 of them are name default monitor
one generic television
one plug and play monitor
sure i will post if i find it, i posted this in apple discussions see if i find a solution.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Wow

I've been waiting for a post like this - I have the exact same problem with my C2D MBP 17" with the x1600 in BootCamp - except no reboot fixes it.

If you guys find a solution I would love to hear it. I'm going to update my drivers, but I have done this in the past and nothing has fixed it, even after two reformats of the XP partition.

Projecting with an iMac and XP

Just found you guys. Hope you can help. I work for a school that has an iMac lab. They recently installed bootcamp and windows XP. The teacher's machine is connected via VGA (using an adapter from the mini port), to a 50" plasma television. It works fine while in Mac (10.4), but how do I send the signal while in XP? Is there a sequence of hot keys to press to get the signal to send, such as when you connect a Windows laptop to a projector (Fn+F8)? Thanks for any help.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.