Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Pookieinc
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Pookieinc
Is there a way to get out of a Verizon Contract?

I want to see if I can get three of our family members out of the contract, and move all of us into the AT&T network. There are five of us, but we are all hating Verizon and our cancellation fees would bring us to around 450-500 dollars and we don't want to pay that at all. 2 of us are already out of contract, but the other three aren't.
I want to get an iPhone, and the rest of my family don't really prefer, they just want to get out of the service and into a new one.
Is there any way one of you guys has gotten out of it? Or is there any way we can? We all renewed within the last maybe... yearish, so there is another year to go. If anyone has, please list the steps... as we are willing to try anything. Thank you so much!
Pookieinc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:37 AM   #2
showtime
macrumors 6502

You might be in luck. If you don't have a messaging plan with them they are increasing the price of text messages from 15 cents to 20 cents in March. This is a change in contract so you should be able to get out of your contract without an early termination fee.
showtime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 08:39 AM   #3
DerekS
macrumors regular

Pretty good thread on this topic here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topi...hreadid=693316

Good luck! I just sucked it up and paid my blood money to get off Verizon and I've never regretted it.
DerekS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:17 PM   #4
kuebby
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Good luck! I just sucked it up and paid my blood money to get off Verizon and I've never regretted it.
Same here, I paid for two people in my family to end their contracts so we could switch to AT&T. It might be less than 175*3 though because Verizon pro-rates their cancellation fees by taking $5 off every month.

And as far I could tell, there's nothing right now that allows you to get out of your contract for free. The thing that showtime mentioned ended in May (60 days from change), and you actually had to prove to Verizon it affected you personally.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone