Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:28 AM   #1
eddieblock
macrumors member

connecting iphone to a new computer

hello there. does anybody know if i need to do anything to sync my iphone to my new computer. i,ve switched from windows to an imac, which by the way is so much better ! thanx for any help
eddieblock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 03:24 PM   #2
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Nothing special...

just plug in the iPhone and iTunes will recognize it "computer is paired with another computer." Just make sure you know whether to erase or merge. Sounds like you will probably want to do a merge, and all your data from your iPhone is now synced to your iMac.

Last edited by SFStateStudent; Feb 16, 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Additional info
SFStateStudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:14 PM   #3
eddieblock
macrumors member

sorted. thanx it did exactly what you said. all very easy, cant get used to that, ha
eddieblock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:23 PM   #4
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Good to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieblock View Post
sorted. thanx it did exactly what you said. all very easy, cant get used to that, ha
though for me I had to go to the Apple Store and have them walk me through it! Good Luck---

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone