Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cionheart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Germany
Panther works just perfectly after a clean install. Now (I know, a little bit late :( ) I wonder where I can get the bundled versions of OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner that came with my PB 12"?

Nutzoids

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
Philly

cionheart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Germany
Thanx for the URL's but there are two problems:

- Bought in april, both apps are version 2.x.

- As both programs came preinstalled I don't have any serials. Are these serials printed somewhere?

-- cionheart

Super Llama

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Assuming you still have the Installation DVD that came with the Powerbook, then you call install the programs by inserting the DVD into your Drive and selecting the option to "Install Applications" (or something similar) off of the DVD. Doing this will install a small program which will then run and allow you to install OmniGraffle, QuickBooks, and all of the other programs that came bundled with your Mac.

Two things you might want to look out for though:

1. On my Mac it took like 3 minutes for something to happen after I ran the"Install Applications" installer from the DVD. The installer ran and said it had completed, then nothing happened for a long while, then finally another installer popped up and allowed me to install the applications.

2. Be sure not to install the Developer Tools if you have already installed the newer versions. The GCC version on the DVD is only 3.1, and the old Dev tools do not include X-Code. If you have already installed the newer Panther developer tools then installing the old tools might mess something up.

I hope this helps!

Super Llama

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
A related question that wasn't quite covered here:

Where is the registration info stored? Is it in the prefs file, or are the bundled versions of the apps special versions that have the registration requirements removed?

I ask because I just copied mine from a Jaguar disk, which seemed to work fine (leading me to believe it's the app, unless they're still reading the old plists), but now I'm wondering if I can upgrade to the new version of Graphic Converter to get G5 optimization, or if that'll wipe out my "free" licence...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by Makosuke
A related question that wasn't quite covered here:

Where is the registration info stored? Is it in the prefs file, or are the bundled versions of the apps special versions that have the registration requirements removed?

I ask because I just copied mine from a Jaguar disk, which seemed to work fine (leading me to believe it's the app, unless they're still reading the old plists), but now I'm wondering if I can upgrade to the new version of Graphic Converter to get G5 optimization, or if that'll wipe out my "free" licence...
[/QUOTEEach Vendor and sometimes each Application uses different licensing schemes. The OMNI Apps are licenses files, but I forget exactly where they are kept on the disk. They allow minor updates, but definatly won't allow going to the next major version.

Some Apps maye be special versions. So upgrades depend on the App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.