Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
I was in a Barnes and Noble the other day, looking for a book to get for one of my classes when I decided I might just wander over to the magazine section to take a peek at some mags. From the corner of my eye, I noticed a PC Mag with an article titled "OS WARS" on the front page. Just to humor myself, I opened it up to the article. Guess what? 10.5.1 came out on top! :eek: In a PC MAGAZINE! I always knew macs were better, just never realized windoze users are finally admitting it! :D

/gloating

EDIT: Here's a link to it here

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
The only possible way I would go back to windows is if my roommate threw up on my computer, apple care didnt work, and my bank account went dry not allowing me to buy another mac so I am forced to get some piece of crap in the mean time before I can get another mac!

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
I made the switch two years ago. Would never go back.

Then some well intentioned but computer un-savy relative did us a "big favor" by buying each of our children a computer. One of those "Complete Desktop for $99.99" deals. Every time I am forced to troubleshoot those P(o)C's, I wanna cry.

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
never had to make a switch. my parents lived by mac, so naturally I live by mac too. My first pc was a macintosh ll, so yeah... :D Glad you guys have made a switch. You won't regret it!

Justin

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
PC Magazine have been very favourable to Apple. Jobs has mentioned them in his keynotes and Apple ran an Ad mentioning them by name.

I think the RDF has taken hold in their offices!

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
never had to make a switch. my parents lived by mac, so naturally I live by mac too. My first pc was a macintosh ll, so yeah... :D Glad you guys have made a switch. You won't regret it!

Justin

yes i too have been born into the computing world of macs. dad had a apple mac ][, which was a beast at the time.. he maxed it out and everything ahahah. but yea i have used my fare share of PCs....*hangs head*.

the end

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
yes i too have been born into the computing world of macs. dad had a apple mac ][, which was a beast at the time.. he maxed it out and everything ahahah. but yea i have used my fare share of PCs....*hangs head*.

the end

haha, me too. I bought a compaq presario laptop about 5 years ago to use as a toy ;) but I sold it within a month cuz it really wasn't half of what the powerbooks were at the time.

Iamtherealwoody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
The only possible way I would go back to windows is if my roommate threw up on my computer, apple care didnt work, and my bank account went dry not allowing me to buy another mac so I am forced to get some piece of crap in the mean time before I can get another mac!

I still have no idea why any computer literate person would use windows over linux.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Hey, if you look at PC mag's most powerful laptops chart, the MBP is now #6. Still nothing to sneeze at, especially when it runs OS X, but still...

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
You fanboys do realize it's called "PC Magazine," right? PC stands for "personal computer," which is what an Apple computer is, even more so now since it uses the same generic hardware as everyone else. So of course, if Apple makes the best PCs in the industry, it will say so. And I'm also sure if tomorrow Dell made better PCs, the magazine would reflect it. There's no agenda, they're just rating the hardware.

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I still have no idea why any computer literate person would use windows over linux.
Sitting down? Because... Maybe Windows works better for them?

"I still have no idea why any computer literate person would use [a] over ."

It's called choice, using what works best for you. Perhaps people are drawn to Windows's wealth of software, or the exclusive software, or the millions of other reasons people have for using any OS.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
PC Mag is about 1/3 the magazine it was just a few short years ago. The whole industry has pretty much stagnated over the last few years.

Looks like they are trying to jump on a growing trend.

It's OK, I always like PC Mag for the most part. It's good to see Apple getting some credibility in the major magazines.

Even in work, the die hard Linux heads are starting to move toward Mac for their families needs. Those Windows FanBoi's are even starting to get the itch...

macdoobie

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
I hate how apple has this whole 'cool' culture attached to it. Phrases like 'I made the switch, i will never go back to that" just ooze absolute brand idol worship.

apples are great. OSX is great. But I don't consider I 'switched' or any of that other mumbo jumbo crap.

i own 11 computers, only 3 of which are apple. I also have virtually no problems to speak of for my windows machines.

I am actually quite happy with windows vista and XP pro.

:apple:

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
PC Magazines (certainly in the UK) always used to cover Windows stuff almost exclusively. Mac, Linux and other operating systems weren't mentioned and if they were it would be in a footnote every four months or so. What they are doing is reflecting the change in the market, where Microsoft's relevance to home users (who mainly buy such publications) is weaning. Not much exciting happens at Redmond anymore.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
PC Mag is about 1/3 the magazine it was just a few short years ago. The whole industry has pretty much stagnated over the last few years.

Looks like they are trying to jump on a growing trend.

It's OK, I always like PC Mag for the most part. It's good to see Apple getting some credibility in the major magazines.

Even in work, the die hard Linux heads are starting to move toward Mac for their families needs. Those Windows FanBoi's are even starting to get the itch...

yup its always good to see the PC mags not being computerist towards the other OS's in the community, like what alot of people still are doing 2day.

barijazz

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007

I would resort to stealing before going windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.