Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fk51785

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
South Florida
I am trying to buy a notebook stand for MBA.

I was thinking either the mStand(Rain Design) or Elevator(Griffin Tech),

and have some questions for those who already have Mstand & MBA.

Because MBA doesn't tilt back as much as MB or MBP,

Does it cause any viewing angle problems when using it on mStand ?

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
I am trying to buy a notebook stand for MBA.

I was thinking either the mStand(Rain Design) or Elevator(Griffin Tech),

and have some questions for those who already have Mstand & MBA.

Because MBA doesn't tilt back as much as MB or MBP,

Does it cause any viewing angle problems when using it on mStand ?

I'm interested as well. Pictures would be nice to see.

frunty

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I bought an mStand to use with my MacBook Pro, and it works fine viewing-angle wise with the MacBook Air as well. There is one problem though - the rubber bumper pads on the front don't come down far enough since the Air's so thin and there's metal-on-metal contact between the front of the Air and the stand. I've gotten a couple of small scratches on the computer, so I don't use it anymore. They'll probably fix it at some point in the future, but for now I'll look for another solution.

mbas.jpg

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
I bought an mStand to use with my MacBook Pro, and it works fine viewing-angle wise with the MacBook Air as well. There is one problem though - the rubber bumper pads on the front don't come down far enough since the Air's so thin and there's metal-on-metal contact between the front of the Air and the stand. I've gotten a couple of small scratches on the computer, so I don't use it anymore. They'll probably fix it at some point in the future, but for now I'll look for another solution.

mbas.jpg

Thanks!

Can you take a picture of the MBA on the stand itself?

fk51785

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
South Florida

mbas.jpg

Thank you so much for the explanation and the pictures.
I really appreciate it. :)

frunty

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
On mine the adhesive is really hard and the rubber started ripping when I tried pulling it off. Maybe I can find some additional padding material to use for a while...

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
On mine the adhesive is really hard and the rubber started ripping when I tried pulling it off. Maybe I can find some additional padding material to use for a while...

you can buy stuff like that at a hardware store and just stick them lower down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.