Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
What's a good external hard drive thats small and portable and is at least 350 gigs? I'm looking for one that I could take on the go with me that I could easily carry along. Also what are the prices these range at? Thanks! :D

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
The other day when I was at the Apple store buying Aperture 2.0 I saw the G-Tech Mini G-Drive, and it was adorable! It would look just wonderful alongside your MBA and is small enough to easily carry along with it. I think they come in various sizes, but the display model I saw was 160 GB. After my budget has a chance to recuperate a little from the purchase of the MBA itself I'm going to get myself a Mini G-Drive. I have several of the regular-sized G-Drives and they are excellent.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
That really looks slick.

I was planning on getting a time capsule, but do you guys think a wiser way to go would be to get the Airport Extreme + that Western Digital (net $359) instead of the 500 GB time capsule ($299).

I'm assuming you could hook up the Western Digital to Airport Extreme and then you can still then take the HD with you or hook it straight to the MBA if you want a quicker transfer. I don't need the extra 180GB and the extra $60 might be well worth it.

Thoughts?

T4Show

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
I have an external WD 160GB and a MBA. I was wondering if anyone could tell me their setups with the MBA and an external HD. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.