Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekaleek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Hi, I'm just looking to record vocals with a condensor mic and MIDI and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product. I'm not really looking for professional grade, because I'm only using it for a hobby. It just has to be decent and sound nice on my headphones :D

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMu-0404-USB-2.0-Recording-Interface?sku=242516

I'll be using my Macbook which is running Leopard with an external firewire drive connected. The one thing that stuck out to me with the 0404 is the ability to use an external power source. I figure that would help make my laptop run better becuase there's less stress on the USB, is that right? :confused:

Any other product suggestions would be nice also.. thanks.

geekaleek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
You're right it is gone. The Presonus Firebox looks like it fits my needs, but I'm not sure I can connect a firewire hard drive to it and then connect it to my macbook. Can anyone answer that question? I've read a while ago that it doesnt support daisychaining, but I'm not sure if that has been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.