Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion

Old Oct 26, 2003, 04:11 PM   #1
cwedl
macrumors 65816

Panther Upgrade was Slow!

Once I upgraded to Panther my Computer slowed down so much that Safari took about 30 seconds to open, Because of this I installed a fresh copy of panther and it is working even faster than when Jag was installed.

I have a question though!

Because I reformated the hard drive my music Library went, is there a way to transfer music from the ipod into iTunes?(i.e. my hard-drive) otherwise I will have to spend hours ripping my music again which I did about 2 weeks ago when I recieved my new 12" powerbook???

Please Help
cwedl is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2003, 04:20 PM   #2
iJon
macrumors 604

yes there is, just search on versiontracker and find a program to your taste. i noticed a program called ipodrip being talked about alot, i assume it does what you need by the name, but i have not checked out the application.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Anna
macrumors regular

Send a message via ICQ to Anna Send a message via MSN to Anna
well firstly...hope like hell you have checked the option of "manually manage playlists" coz as soon as you plug it in it will sync with ur mac. IF you havent, download a program called CrockPod, which if i remember right is freeware. If you want to spend some money you could go for the iPod2iTunes. I use crockpod and it is great.

Goodluck
Anna is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2003, 04:30 PM   #4
Phatpat
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Phatpat
If you're syncing to a new library it will ask you to confirm before it erases your ipod (in my experience), so that shouldn't be an issue.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 05:22 PM   #5
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Powerbook G5 Send a message via Yahoo to Powerbook G5
I haven't synced an iPod, but when you use iSync, it asks you what to do when there is a difference and you can tell it to sync from the external device to your computer if you want.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion