Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:07 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Guy Kawasaki comments on the MacBook Air, his iMac

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Guy Kawasaki comments on the MacBook Air, his iMac
Description:: Guy Kawasaki tells "Macsimum News" what he thinks about his new MacBook Air -- and his iMac.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:17 PM   #2
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

That's the interview, one paragraph?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:19 PM   #3
robanga
macrumors 68000

Guy uses the MBA and MBP as a satellite to his iMac. No real profound information there He also seems to kind of miss the optical drive while on the road but seems to love it overall.

My wife loves her MBA. To those missing the optical drive, I often think...What were you going to use it for? None the less nice to see his comments.

I met Guy a few times, as he was a consultant for the company where I worked. Very energetic and interesting person.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:24 PM   #4
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

And a good talker, especially about whatever is his latest venture. I've met Guy several times, and even interviewed him once myself for an article. He gave me about an hour of his time, and even bought breakfast. That's why I was surprised that "Macsimum News" gets two sentences out of him and calls it an "interview."
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:53 PM   #5
TheQuestion
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ Reilly View Post
And a good talker, especially about whatever is his latest venture. I've met Guy several times, and even interviewed him once myself for an article. He gave me about an hour of his time, and even bought breakfast. That's why I was surprised that "Macsimum News" gets two sentences out of him and calls it an "interview."
I am sure Guy said much more, but I have not been impressed historically with Macsimum's interviews. It also possible a chance meeting was redefined as an "interview".
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:05 PM   #6
hotsauce3868
macrumors member

"Recently, Macsimum News interviewed Guy Kawasaki, the original Apple evangelist and a true entrepreneur, about the new Alltop web site (see separate story). We also asked him on his thoughts on the new MacBook Air and his favorite Macs."

The interview was for something other than about his computers. That was just a side question.
hotsauce3868 is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:47 PM   #7
shadowfax
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to shadowfax
I wonder why he misses the Ethernet port? I haven't used mine in ages. The few times I do I would be happy to plug it in the USB port.

I also find his comment about how he thinks skipping the internal optical drive is a mistake, but he cares more about battery life than thinness, to be puzzling. Seems like an optical drive just takes up more power, and that if you want more out of your laptop and don't care about thinness, the MacBook is the best option--maybe with a spare battery, heh.
shadowfax is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:51 PM   #8
Flyer0815
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
I wonder why he misses the Ethernet port? I haven't used mine in ages. The few times I do I would be happy to plug it in the USB port.
I use the wireless on my MBA 90% of the time, except when I am in a boardroom where every seat has an Ethernet jack and a power outlet. For these times I just whip out my tiny Ethernet dongle and am in business. I don't miss the lack of ports at all.
Flyer0815 is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:55 PM   #9
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce3868 View Post
"Recently, Macsimum News interviewed Guy Kawasaki, the original Apple evangelist and a true entrepreneur, about the new Alltop web site (see separate story). We also asked him on his thoughts on the new MacBook Air and his favorite Macs."

The interview was for something other than about his computers. That was just a side question.
Yes, but notice that this "interview" isn't much longer or in greater depth than his comments on the MBA.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:17 PM   #10
cowm007
macrumors regular

http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2008/02/...hin-air-h.html
cowm007 is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:12 PM   #11
shadowfax
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to shadowfax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowm007 View Post
He sounds borderline manic depressive, lol. I dunno what to think, but his final configuration is the one I want: a home iMac shared with my wife, and a MacBook Air for every-day stuff--leisurely browsing at home in places other than the desk, and during whatever travels I/we have.
shadowfax is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:50 PM   #12
iAthena
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ Reilly View Post
That's the interview, one paragraph?
After seeing Guy speak, I'm surprised he can say anything in just a paragraph.
iAthena is offline   0
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:06 PM   #13
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAthena View Post
Well that's just the thing. The man is a talker. One of the easiest interviews I've ever done.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:17 PM   #14
macmanx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAthena View Post
Well Said! I concur.
macmanx1 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion