Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:35 PM   #1
toddngina
macrumors member

Hit pause, get more than 24 hours?

I believe there was a way in iTunes if you were watching a rented movie that if you hit pause before the end credits finished playing, and then came back more than 24 hours later, it would let you finish watching the flick? Even letting you rewind back to the beginning. Anybody check this feature yet? Curious if it works.

Thx
toddngina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:38 PM   #2
uva25
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddngina View Post
I believe there was a way in iTunes if you were watching a rented movie that if you hit pause before the end credits finished playing, and then came back more than 24 hours later, it would let you finish watching the flick? Even letting you rewind back to the beginning. Anybody check this feature yet? Curious if it works.

Thx
Related question- What if you start a two hour movie when the rental guide says you have 1 hour left of your rental. Will it cut you off mid-movie?
uva25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:29 PM   #3
kbunch
macrumors member

Answer to the first.

You can pause it and then come back. I did this with 3:10 to Yuma.

Answer to the second.

If you start watching the movie before the rental period is up it will let you finish the movie.
Airport Extream
AMD Athlon 3700 / 2.5 gigs RAM <Gaming Rig>
kbunch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:04 AM   #4
pedz
macrumors regular

When pausing do you have to leave the Apple TV on that movie? By that I mean, can I pause a movie and watch other content on the apple tv, then go back and finish watching even if it passes the 24 hours? Or when you say pause does that mean you don't leave that screen?

And a related question, if you can use other content while paused, can you go back to the movie after the 24 hours or do you have to resume before the 24 hours ends?

Thanks,
peter
pedz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater