Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
windsor gardens, south aust.
i have a power mac g4(silver combo tower)

1.25GHz
512MB
80GB
on OSx......

will i be able to run leopard on this.
i am in alot of hardship financially & cannot afford to invest any $$$ into this.
have the software needed. please tell me if running a system such as leopard on my machine, is possible please,
& some guidance on the right way to go about doing so, will be gratefully accepted.

thanks a bunch!
missnikky!

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
i have a power mac g4(silver combo tower)

1.25GHz
512MB
80GB
on OSx......

will i be able to run leopard on this.
i am in alot of hardship financially & cannot afford to invest any $$$ into this.
have the software needed. please tell me if running a system such as leopard on my machine, is possible please,
& some guidance on the right way to go about doing so, will be gratefully accepted.

thanks a bunch!
missnikky!

I just bought a 867 G4 ED, with 1.5GB RAM, 40GB + 128GB drives. I installed Leopard on the 40GB and it runs great. It has the GeForce4 MX 32MB video card. Everything seems to run fine and smoothly. I've been using it from across the room via Screen Sharing - also fine.

You might find the 512MB a bit on the light side, but RAM is fairly cheap.

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
Yep it'll run.....albeit a bit slow w/ only 512mb of ram. Bump that to 1.5 or 2GB, and you'll be just fine :p

I have Leopard running on several lower-spec'd machines, but all with 1.5 or 2GB of ram........ notta problemo :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.