Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:37 PM   #1
AndrewVenner
macrumors member

iPod Touch Wifi Problem

Okay, so my iPod used to have wifi working perfectly, but now there's a grey icon that says "No Wi-Fi". If anyone has a solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
AndrewVenner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:24 PM   #2
dustboy
macrumors member

we'd need some more specifics..are you in range of a known working network? Have you tried it with different networks? Is there a password needed?
dustboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:08 AM   #3
AndrewVenner
macrumors member

I'm in my house right next to my router. No password required. Normally 2-3 bars. But I don't even have the option to change my settings, or connect to any networks because it just has a gray icon that says "No Wifi", when I can usually at least try and join a network.
AndrewVenner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:45 PM   #4
mbguerreiro
macrumors newbie

ipod Touch Wi-Fi problem

I have the very same problem. My ipod touch 16GB shows a "No Wi-Fi" message and does not allow me to enter the configuration page anymore. I have a domestic wi-fi system, and my laptops work just perfectly, and so did the ipod until a couple of weeks ago.

I have reset, updated firmware to 1.1.3, sinc'd again and nothing changes. Do you think the wi-fi damaged somehow?
mbguerreiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:26 AM   #5
youradhere4222
macrumors regular

I'm having the exact same problem.

I'm having the problem, also....

I can't even touch it. I'm within a router I've connected to before (locked), my laptop has a connection, etc. Running 1.3.1 with update....
youradhere4222 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 02:25 PM   #6
patioman
macrumors newbie

I had this problem at one point, too. No networks visible even though I KNEW my home network and my work network were working. Fixed it by restarting the iPod.
patioman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:29 AM   #7
mbguerreiro
macrumors newbie

I decided to take my ipod to service yesterday here in Brazil. Apple people tested it and reset it. It still did not work. They told me it is a rare internal defect, so they are going to replace my ipod in 30 days.

I hope the new one does not bring this defect.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 12:11 AM   #8
mightyfifi
macrumors newbie

i have a similar problem. i just got my 8gig ipod touch in the mail 2 days ago. i tried to connect to my router and got connected. however none of the internet capabilities are working, it just keeps saying it can't connect to the server. it is a password protected network however i have made sure the password is correct. all the internet things do work on unprotected networks though. im not sure if this is the route of the problem.

-fifi
mightyfifi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:36 AM   #9
mbguerreiro
macrumors newbie

Gents,

I found a solution to the "no wifi problem", and unfortunately the solution is to take the iPod to an Apple store and have it replaced by a new one. Apple told me this is a "rare" defect, and it is not possible to fix it at home...
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:03 PM   #10
mightyfifi
macrumors newbie

I figured out a solution to my problem. You have to connect to a websites ip directly without using the sites "nickname." The problem was with the iTouch's transfer with DNS. Somehow when I bypassed the DNS part once I no longer needed to again.

If you have the same problem try connecting to google through it's ip with u can search a find via google on ur desktop/laptop.
mightyfifi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch