Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:32 PM   #1
ChocoboNL
macrumors member

Shortcut for Words 2008; Page Break

Hi,

So, I'm still new to the whole Mac OS X happening, just got my MacBook about three of weeks ago (very happy with it ^__^). But, there's this little problem. I'm now using Microsoft Office 2008, and I often use Page Breaks. Previously, on the windows computer I used, I could simply press ctrl + return to insert a page break, but this is not a standard shortcut in the Mac version.
My solution - or at least, I hoped it would be a solution - was to use a custom shortcut for Microsoft Word via the System Preferences. I would like to set it to either ctrl + return or cmd + return, but it doesn't work.. However, when I try a shortcut like ctrl + cmd + down - or really anything without the return key - it works just fine. So, here comes the actual question; Is there any way to incorporate the return key within the shortcut?

Ohh, and now another problem comes in mind, I've got this Video_TS dir on my HD from a dvd which I tried to open, but when it's opened it simply 'plays' the menu. So I'm unable to actually select the option from it, and it simply goes to other part - like chapter selection - afterwards.
It also plays little bits of the files, hangs for while, and skips a bit, then repeats the cycle.
Anyone familiar with it? I use VLC Player Open Disk... with the Video_TS folder option.
Ohh, and the files play fine on the windows pc next to me..

I realise this last question maybe should be in another topic, or has already been answered somewhere on the forum. But I did do a search for the first one, and couldn't find any information on it.
I hope you guys can help me with any of them, and thanks in advance. ^__^

Cheers
ChocoboNL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 02:36 PM   #2
masemase
macrumors newbie

Page Break Shortcut in Word

Try this combination:

Fn + Shift + Return

Enjoy!

Brandon
masemase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:41 PM   #3
josinsky72
macrumors newbie

Acknowledgement

Thank you Brandom for your contribution, it works very very nice. Awesome
josinsky72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 04:25 AM   #4
stevenfeldman
macrumors newbie

Welcome back page break

I thought I had tried every possible key combination. Obviously I hadn't!

Thanks very much
stevenfeldman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Knold
macrumors newbie

Use:

Shift + Command + Return

It's the standard combo
Knold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 09:38 AM   #6
jgshurts
macrumors newbie

There are different kinds of breaks going on here...
  • shift+fn+return = page break
  • shift+command+return = column break (same effect as page break only if you're not in a section broken into columns)
  • fn+command+enter = Section Break, Next Page (jumps to new page and a new section, allowing you to do things like change headers, footers, page numbers within a particular section
jgshurts is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store