Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

View Poll Results: Do you rip using a MTR/HB combo, or do you only use HB?
MacTheRipper/Handbrake combo 11 78.57%
Handbrake only 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1
kavika411
Banned

Poll - Do you rip DVDs using MTR/HB combo or just HB?

This poll is for people who use Handbrake as opposed to Video Hub or something else, although I am interested in your thoughts if you use something else as to why you think it is better.

Do you first rip with MacTheRipper and then use Handbrake, or do you use only Handbrake? Thank you.

Last edited by kavika411; Feb 21, 2008 at 11:02 AM.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:52 AM   #2
bacaramac
macrumors 65816

AnyDVD via Bootcamp and then HB via OSX. This has to be the best combination ever since AnyDVD always has a fix for any new protection that comes along. Takes a little bit longer, but better then encoding and then finding out it really didn't work.

Example: The Simpson Movie and Ratatouille
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:54 AM   #3
wmealer
macrumors regular

When these were the only choices on a Mac, I used MTR then HB because I'd rip multiple movies, queue them up and encode them all overnight. But now I prefer another ripper, and since I paid for VisualHub I figure I'd get my money's worth. The only use I have for HB now is TV episodes on DVD, and getting the auto-crop info to plug into VH, as VH auto-crop is not as reliable.

MTR and HB is a serviceable workflow for the most part, but by no means is it the only solution.
wmealer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater