Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:13 PM   #1
plucas
macrumors newbie

PowerBook 12" Dead?

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Recently my 12 inch PowerBook (1.5ghz, 1.25GB ram, 10.5.2) started completely locking up in some programs. Then yesterday it wouldn't even boot past the initial apple screen. It doesn't even boot to a CD.

I took it into the Apple Store, and they were helpful about telling me how to get data off my harddrive, but that's it. He said a flat rate repair would be around $400. He was guessing it was some logic board issue.

So if I do apple/option/v on startup, the last message is:

/usr/sbin/ocspd[95] starting

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I want to put that much into this old guy
plucas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:16 PM   #2
brandonshough
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by plucas View Post
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Recently my 12 inch PowerBook (1.5ghz, 1.25GB ram, 10.5.2) started completely locking up in some programs. Then yesterday it wouldn't even boot past the initial apple screen. It doesn't even boot to a CD.

I took it into the Apple Store, and they were helpful about telling me how to get data off my harddrive, but that's it. He said a flat rate repair would be around $400. He was guessing it was some logic board issue.

So if I do apple/option/v on startup, the last message is:

/usr/sbin/ocspd[95] starting

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I want to put that much into this old guy

Sounds like a logic board issue to me as well. Heat probably got the best of it.....
brandonshough is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 03:19 PM   #3
plucas
macrumors newbie

He was being used as a desktop replacement for most of his life. Hooked up to a Cinema Display and everything. Poor guy!
plucas is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs