Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TruthSerum44

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
So I'm pretty much brand new to the FaH scene (25% through my first work unit!), and I think it's pretty cool. I do research in pharmacology myself at the University of Pittsburgh, so I figure I might as well throw my idle cpu cycles into this project.

Thus far I've run across FahMon and InCrease, both which work pretty well. I'm wondering if there are any better apps to monitor FaH, which also include the ability to pause FaH, for the mac (leopard specifically)???

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
...I'm wondering if there are any better apps to monitor FaH, which also include the ability to pause FaH, for the mac (leopard specifically)???

welcome, and thanks for folding. i think you already found the two i would've recommended.

i assume when you say 'pause' you mean a 1 click or right-click 'pause'... nothing that i am aware of, but that's not saying much. EDIT: the current increase release FAQ page says 'You can start, stop, pause, and continue easily from InCrease or its Dock menu.' but since i'm not using it anymore, i can't confirm or deny that...

first, i guess, what kind of computer, and which client are you using? assume mac, and guessing the command line interface, so increase is about the only way to start/stop without getting geeky in terminal.

more info, and we can try and get you better answers. best of luck.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
welcome, and thanks for folding. i think you already found the two i would've recommended.

i assume when you say 'pause' you mean a 1 click or right-click 'pause'... nothing that i am aware of, but that's not saying much. EDIT: the current increase release FAQ page says 'You can start, stop, pause, and continue easily from InCrease or its Dock menu.' but since i'm not using it anymore, i can't confirm or deny that...

first, i guess, what kind of computer, and which client are you using? assume mac, and guessing the command line interface, so increase is about the only way to start/stop without getting geeky in terminal.

more info, and we can try and get you better answers. best of luck.

so do you use a controlling program like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.