Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 22, 2008, 07:55 AM   #1
MSUDVM
macrumors newbie

How do I delete iPhone identity?

I had to replace my iphone due to damage and when syncing the new phone, a new name was applied to the phone so now in itunes I have 2 iPhone databases, "Dan's iPhone", and "iPhone". Where do I find the data bases on my mac and delete the database that I am not using. I tried to restore the Iphone, but when I reconnect it to the computer, it asks me to which identity I want to sync the phone. Thanks.
MSUDVM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 08:19 AM   #2
waterskier2007
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to waterskier2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUDVM View Post
I had to replace my iphone due to damage and when syncing the new phone, a new name was applied to the phone so now in itunes I have 2 iPhone databases, "Dan's iPhone", and "iPhone". Where do I find the data bases on my mac and delete the database that I am not using. I tried to restore the Iphone, but when I reconnect it to the computer, it asks me to which identity I want to sync the phone. Thanks.
if you go to itunes, preferences, and then the right most tab is syncing. if you click the one you dont want and then click remove backup that should do the trick
16 GB Nexus 7 (2012)
waterskier2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:19 AM   #3
MSUDVM
macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thank you for the info! That solved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterskier2007 View Post
if you go to itunes, preferences, and then the right most tab is syncing. if you click the one you dont want and then click remove backup that should do the trick
MSUDVM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone