Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 22, 2008, 08:10 AM   #1
joefinan
Banned

Safari loading bar gets stuck

Anyone else have this problem? The blue loading bar in the Safari address bar gets stuck - even when the page is loaded. Change sites and the bar will progress along to the same point and get stuck again.

Only way to fix it is to quit Safari - only for it to get stuck again a few mins later.

No real problem, but very annoying!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	68
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	104380  
joefinan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:04 PM   #2
nazuk
macrumors 6502

Try emptying your Safari Cache. Safari Menu>Empty Cache - then restart Safari

If that doesn't work, try Safari Menu>Reset Safari - but back up your bookmarks before you do this! (File Menu>Export Bookmarks).

Note: Reset Safri, will reset the program completely, so you will lose your customizations. But you can re-do all of that.

Good luck, and let us know if it works.
nazuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:27 PM   #3
bamo
macrumors newbie

Safari Blue Bar stays on and on

I do have that problem; i did clear and reloaded and reinitialized and…, without success. I even tried a few things in my router's configuration, but the same problem comes back.
By checking the LOADING/ACTIVITY window, it seems that the culprit is/are Google pages trying to load, and this with various sites. My last explanation (or actual one) is that the Internet provider is trying to block these Google files.
Anoying, but it does not seem to prevent the desired page to load…eventually!

Note; I am working in a French (Canadian) environment, so terminology may be suspect at time!!!!!

Last edited by bamo; Apr 3, 2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: See note
bamo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:46 PM   #4
WhiteNoiseMaker
macrumors regular

I get the same problem too but only since the 3.1 update. It happens very occasionally like maybe once a day. What I've also noticed that sometimes it tells me it can't find the page I'm trying to load. I see this happen the most when viewing eBay. Checked with firefox and pages load fine every time
WhiteNoiseMaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Neil321
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNoiseMaker View Post
I get the same problem too but only since the 3.1 update. It happens very occasionally like maybe once a day. What I've also noticed that sometimes it tells me it can't find the page I'm trying to load. I see this happen the most when viewing eBay. Checked with firefox and pages load fine every time
Your not the only one as i have the same probs you mention ( 3.1 ) abit with different sites,have tried all the
usual stuff reset safari,DNS cache still it does it, anyone???
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:31 PM   #6
n00basaur
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazuk View Post
Try emptying your Safari Cache. Safari Menu>Empty Cache - then restart Safari

If that doesn't work, try Safari Menu>Reset Safari - but back up your bookmarks before you do this! (File Menu>Export Bookmarks).

Note: Reset Safri, will reset the program completely, so you will lose your customizations. But you can re-do all of that.

Good luck, and let us know if it works.
Doing a reset does not remove bookmarks.
n00basaur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 02:16 PM   #7
ewulls01
macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem! The issue for me happens a little earlier in the progress bar (probably 1/10th of the way over).

If I click on the address bar and just hit return again it sometimes fixes the issue...

Firefox works fine but I like the 3 finger swipe too much to switch over to firefox.

Weird!
ewulls01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Highway61
macrumors member

I just purchased a new iMac, and thought I would go with Safari--even though I've never been crazy about it.
I figured that it would be optimized for the iMac and that the Safari revisions might make me change my opinion about it.
The stuck loading bar forced me to think, well, differently.

I had been getting disgusted w/ Firefox before the purchase of the new iMac, but I took a chance on the new Firefox beta 5, and it's made internet life much more pleasant than it has been for a very long time.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html
Highway61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:05 PM   #9
skateguy
macrumors newbie

I've had this problem ever since 3.1 and had hoped that 3.1.1 would fix this.

I tried all of the suggested fixes but it still happens several times a day. I've never liked Firefox, but it seems there is no other option now as Safari is pretty useless with this problem.
skateguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store