Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:58 AM   #1
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

My iPod Randomly Stopped Working

I'll try and make this as complete as possible, but what happened was really weird.

I have a 30gb iPod Video that's around 2 years old.

Last night I went to visit my sister at school. I listened to it on the whole trip down with no problems. I turned it off and locked the keypad as I always do and threw it in my purse.

To go home I plugged it into my car charger and the headphone jack that leads to the cassette tape type thing.

It worked fine. Then my phone rang, so I paused it. When I tried to unpause it, it was dead. None of the keys responded and the screen was blank. So I reset it, but the screen just glowed with the apple icon on it. I reset it again, and it actually started up, but the keys didn't respond. Eventually a little music played for a second, then it shut down again. Resetting it once again, I got it to play music, but the music skipped a lot. It only worked if plugged into my charger, but the battery icon showed it had a full charge and didn't indicate that it was plugged in.

When I got home, I plugged it into my computer. My computer didn't show that it was plugged in. When I tried to press the middle button, it showed that my battery was very low, please wait.

Now I can't get it to do anything, whether it's plugged in our not.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:16 PM   #2
rioting
macrumors member

Maybe you hit a huge bump, the iPod jumped all around, and your hard drive's damaged? Lol.

But, more realisticly, that's odd. I've never heard anything like that hapening to an iPod. If I were you I'd just go to an Apple Store, and take it to the Genius Bar. Tell them what's wrong and they'll probaby run a few tests on it. If they say it's a battery problem you can get the whole iPod replaced for around $60 dollars, or if theres something else wrong with it you can buy a refurbished on for around $130 I believe.

If they tell you to cough up the $130, say no and refuse. Act like the 'angry, but reasonable' customer. If they still say no, just go home and come back in a few days. It may be a hassle, but eventually you'll get a nice enough person to just 'say' you have a battery problem.
rioting is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod