Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1
keacy
macrumors newbie

Master collection CS3 on Leopard

Hi guys,

Iam quite new in Mac, but anyway..
i ve got problem on my Leopard 10.5.2, install Adobe Master collection CS3
because of Java,

there is all the time

------------------------------------------
JAVA SCRIPT ALERT

Critical erros were found in setup
Please see the Setup Log file for details.
----------------------------------------
maybe i need reinstall my Java Runtime Enviroment 1.4.2 to 1.5
but i cannot find it for Leopard...

Anyone else has same a same problem ?????

i would appreciate any help, advice or links..

thanx

KC
keacy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:20 AM   #2
mojopixel
macrumors 6502

buddy, if I was you I would call Adobe customer support and see if they can walk you through setup
Old May 27, 2008, 06:47 AM   #3
juliestarchild
macrumors newbie

Help - I have same problem

I'm new to the forum but I have exactly the same problem with the javascript message - it's so frustrating! I've tried everything, it's all up to date, verified etc etc. I was wondering if you have a fix now?
If you have, please help!!!
juliestarchild is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 09:05 AM   #4
jerryrock
macrumors 6502

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...05update1.html
Old May 27, 2008, 11:54 AM   #5
mariotheotaku
macrumors regular

If that doesn't work, then install and run this: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

I did it when I couldn't start setup for something similar, then I started setup and worked perfectly. Warning: this will uninstall any adobe cs3 program or save file on your computer.
mariotheotaku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 12:05 PM   #6
J@ffa
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrock View Post
Java and JavaScript are different things, so Java updates are extremely unlikely to fix JavaScript problems. I second trying the CS3Clean script have you used demo/beta versions of any Adobe apps or previously had any of the CS3 Production/Design/Web suites?
J@ffa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 01:16 AM   #7
keacy
macrumors newbie

hi Julie...

yes i fixed it..
i had to reinstall OS /leopard/, i did format disk, and then reinstall, and now works fine...so try it... reinstall of Leopard is quite fast, i was suprised, and any drives, anything just 1,2 discs...

good luck
keacy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 06:12 AM   #8
juliestarchild
macrumors newbie

yeah - thanks I fixed it too!

I did a disk utility from the disk and then a restore system on time machine but neither of these worked. however, I did look around a lot and I was able to get further in the install disk but it wouldn't install certain components- Then it twigged with me that I already had a copy of Dreamweaver CS3 (and some other CS3 components) so I uninstalled all the apps from the master collection that I already had and then it installed fine! Thanks for all your help guys.

Julie xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrock View Post
I have already done all the obvious things such as update java and javascript, disk utility etc I may be a newbie to the forum but have had macs for over ten years.

It turns out it's a clash with another version of Dreamweaver. So all fixed now.

Thanks J@ffa you were spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@ffa View Post
Java and JavaScript are different things, so Java updates are extremely unlikely to fix JavaScript problems. I second trying the CS3Clean script — have you used demo/beta versions of any Adobe apps or previously had any of the CS3 Production/Design/Web suites?
YOU WERE RIGHT so thanks sooo much

Last edited by WildCowboy; May 30, 2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: removed off-topic portion of post
juliestarchild is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics