Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:49 PM   #1
mwp98223
macrumors 6502

updated iTunes having problems

I don't know if it was the update to iTunes, but it is the most recent change to the system so I assume it is the cause.

I have several home movies in iTunes that I have in TV shows as several "episodes" of one show. I have been able to access them, and actually TV shows, by going to My TV Shows. For some reason, today I keep "losing" them. They should be streaming from my iTunes. Movies that are streaming are showing up, music that is streaming is showing up, and for a while the TV shows were then. Then they weren't.

I "fixed" this by powering down the Apple TV and "rebooting", but then I lost it again.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

UPDATE: I spent some time with AppleCare on the phone this morning. The "solution" was to remove all my TV show links in iTunes and reimport the shows into iTunes and resync AppleTV. Apparently the update corrupted something. We didn't nail down the cause, but found a solution that seems to have stuck for now.

Last edited by mwp98223; Feb 24, 2008 at 06:57 PM.
mwp98223 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater