Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

statenine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I just downloaded The Kingdom in HD, and the audio is all messed up! It is using my mains as the center channel so everything has an echo and I can't even understand the dialog. I remember reading that someone else had this same problem with Superbad. Is there any way to fix this, or was the audio just screwed up when this was encoded? Can I get my money back from Apple? I had to stop the movie about 5 minutes in because I could barely understand a word that was being said.

plaidhippo

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2007
I rented the Kingdom last night as well and found the exact same issue! I rented No Reservations in SD a few days before and I don't remember it having any issues like this, so maybe it is a per-movie problem? Anyone else having this type of problem on other movies? What about movies they own and have converted with 5.1?

Would love to see people's responses....

statenine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I reported the problem through iTunes, I recommend you do the same. I really hope this isn't an ongoing issue with rentals, that would be very disappointing. I rented Resident Evil: Extinction last week and that sounded great, so it is definitely a per release issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.