Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 24, 2008, 09:36 AM   #1
rivercottage
macrumors member

Will this work?

Hiya!

I currently have my itunes organized with all my music on the local disk, and movies on an external (imported into itunes with the option click drag) so they are in itunes, but not actualy there if you catch my drift!

Im thinking of getting an apple TV...will apple TV sync these externally referenced movies or not?

Many Thanks

:-)
RiverCottage
rivercottage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 09:46 AM   #2
MikieMikie
macrumors 6502a

Yes, it can sync them. Anything that iTunes can see can be synced OR streamed to your Apple TV.

If you are thinking of keeping all of your movies on an external HDD as you have indicated, you should consider buying the 40 GB unit and NOT syncing your movies. You could just as easily stream them.
MikieMikie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater