Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:56 AM   #1
mifka
macrumors member

please help! Boot camp Internet

I installed WINDOWS XP on my Mac, but can't connect it to the internet. I'm using bootcamp. Please advice me how to make internet connection.
Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:58 AM   #2
McGiord
macrumors 68040

Did you installed all the Apple Drivers already?
If not use the MacOSX install Disc to install them.
After that it's just to setup your internet connection in the Windows environment.
________
Ford Boss 351 engine specifications

Last edited by McGiord; Jan 30, 2011 at 04:22 AM.
McGiord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Luis Ortega
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mifka View Post
I installed WINDOWS XP on my Mac, but can't connect it to the internet. I'm using bootcamp. Please advice me how to make internet connection.
Thanks!
You may need to turn off the router and start it up again to reset it before starting the computer in a different OS. I'm not sure. I'm trying to determine this for myself.

When I was working on my old PC and my new Mac Pro, I noticed that if I just took the ethernet cable from the Mac or PC and connected it to the other machine, it couldn't find the internet unless I turned off the router, waited a moment and turned it back on again, connected to the other machine and then started the machine.
Luis Ortega is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Neil321
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Ortega View Post
You may need to turn off the router and start it up again to reset it before starting the computer in a different OS. I'm not sure. I'm trying to determine this for myself.

When I was working on my old PC and my new Mac Pro, I noticed that if I just took the ethernet cable from the Mac or PC and connected it to the other machine, it couldn't find the internet unless I turned off the router, waited a moment and turned it back on again, connected to the other machine and then started the machine.
No you shouldnt have to do this,once the drivers are installed from your
install disk its only a case of setting up the connection in windows you
then can boot between OS's to your hearts content and still be connected
to the internet

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac