Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mifka

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Moldova
I installed WINDOWS XP on my Mac, but can't connect it to the internet. I'm using bootcamp. Please advice me how to make internet connection.
Thanks!

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
I installed WINDOWS XP on my Mac, but can't connect it to the internet. I'm using bootcamp. Please advice me how to make internet connection.
Thanks!

You may need to turn off the router and start it up again to reset it before starting the computer in a different OS. I'm not sure. I'm trying to determine this for myself.

When I was working on my old PC and my new Mac Pro, I noticed that if I just took the ethernet cable from the Mac or PC and connected it to the other machine, it couldn't find the internet unless I turned off the router, waited a moment and turned it back on again, connected to the other machine and then started the machine.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
You may need to turn off the router and start it up again to reset it before starting the computer in a different OS. I'm not sure. I'm trying to determine this for myself.

When I was working on my old PC and my new Mac Pro, I noticed that if I just took the ethernet cable from the Mac or PC and connected it to the other machine, it couldn't find the internet unless I turned off the router, waited a moment and turned it back on again, connected to the other machine and then started the machine.

No you shouldnt have to do this,once the drivers are installed from your
install disk its only a case of setting up the connection in windows you
then can boot between OS's to your hearts content and still be connected
to the internet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.