Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I tried this in the iTunes topic but not luck, hoping I might have more here.

I have about 140 movies in my iTunes library and i usually open the 'get info' window and past the movie poster into the artwork tab. it has worked for all of my movies but recently it has stopped. I paste the artwork and click ok, it pauses as though it were updating the file but never actually updates it. In the library it still has the first frame as the artwork.

I have used atomicparsley lately to get around this but the two latest I have are very long and atomicparsley actually says it cannot tag files that size.

Has anyone experienced this and know what I can do to get it working again, not sure what changed???

Any help is appreciated.
Peter

pedz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I do use atomic parsley, but would prefer to use itunes for regular movies. I need to use parsley for certain TV Show tags, but for movies it is easier to use iTunes.

Also, for some reason I get a strange error from parsley on a lot of my movies, something about the file being too big and this is not a 64 bit machine... I have to rerip the movie and it always seems to work the second time.

I will continue using parsley (on a pc, can't use metax), just curious if there was a way to solve this.

thanks,
peter

MikieMikie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Newton, MA
IF there is an existing image in the file, it takes iTunes a looooooooooooooooooong time to remove the original, then add the new one.

Make sure you're not being impatient. ;)

pjac

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Also, for some reason I get a strange error from parsley on a lot of my movies, something about the file being too big and this is not a 64 bit machine... I have to rerip the movie and it always seems to work the second time.
That would be a 4GB file, which is so big it has to use 64 bit numbers internally. The latest version of MetaX will cope with these, I don't know about atomic parsley itself.

Jeff Hall

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2006
MetaX has been working great for my movies and TV shows, and as a previous poster said, it now supports files > 4GB (important for 3 hour movies with 5.1 sound)

Handbrake, MetaX, and iTunes all work together in a very nice workflow. Be sure to watch the demo video at the MetaX website; it will save you a lot of guesswork on getting your shows tagged. The ability to create presets is a real time saver.

pedz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Unfortunately metax is not available on PCs, so i have to use atomic, which works well most of the time.

Strange thing is i get the size error for movies that are well less than 4 gig. and when i re-rip them with the exact same parameters it works. very strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.