Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
London
amazon-32-touch-shuffle.jpg

A pretty cool deal for all those planning to buy a 32GB iPod touch. :)

Unfortunately, it seems to be America only for the moment, however that could change soon.

Amazon

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Free nano's with Mac purchases and Shuffle's with touch purchases are great gifts for friends and family. Great idea!!

eliou

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
Thanks for posting this! I ordered an iPod Touch 32gb this past Sunday then saw your post. I called Apple and asked them if they had any kind of matching policy. They said no. So I told them about the Amazon offer and told them that I would be sending the Touch back to them as soon as it arrived and ordering from Amazon. They then put me on hold for a few minutes then said they could work something out. First they offered me a free case for the Touch, but I said that I had already ordered one. Then I said, why not give me a 1gb Shuffle like the Amazon offer? I was put on hold again, but they came back and said, sure we can do that. What color Shuffle would you like?....I ordered the Product Red one....Anyway, I just checked my order status and the Shuffle was shipped today and will be arriving tomorrow, free of charge.

Thanks Apple! and thanks again to the OP!

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Thanks for posting this! I ordered an iPod Touch 32gb this past Sunday then saw your post. I called Apple and asked them if they had any kind of matching policy. They said no. So I told them about the Amazon offer and told them that I would be sending the Touch back to them as soon as it arrived and ordering from Amazon. They then put me on hold for a few minutes then said they could work something out. First they offered me a free case for the Touch, but I said that I had already ordered one. Then I said, why not give me a 1gb Shuffle like the Amazon offer? I was put on hold again, but they came back and said, sure we can do that. What color Shuffle would you like?....I ordered the Product Red one....Anyway, I just checked my order status and the Shuffle was shipped today and will be arriving tomorrow, free of charge.

Thanks Apple! and thanks again to the OP!

nice of them, great deal from amazon :D

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Yea a great deal. Pay for an overpriced 32GB Touch and get a free $50 shuffle.

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
This really is a great deal, for those times when you want to leave your main iPod behind. Bargain!

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
That's a great incentive to spend 500 dollars on a touch. I can definitely see that as a good "gift bag" add in or something.

And, I think Apple just showed another great good side of themselves with the matching offer!

eliou

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
Just a follow-up: I got my Touch last night from fedex. Took about 2.5 hours to synch my 6,000+ songs. Is $500 for a 32gb Touch too expensive? You have to decide for yourself. I had already took the plunge and ordered it from Apple, so when I saw the Amazon freebie 1gb Shuffle offer, I figured there was no harm in calling Apple and hearing what they had to say/offer. Thankfully, they were nice about it and matched the Amazon deal.

Anyway, I'm loving the Touch so far -- I'm upgrading from an almost 5-year old 30gb third-generation iPod, which if i remember correctly cost me 500 bucks back in 2003!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.