Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkstack

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
And when I picked it up off the desk today I found a screw had fell out. :eek:
Looks like the hole it was in hasn't been threaded.

screw.jpg

no_thread.jpg

I'm gonna give apple a call in the morning and find out about a replacement, but i guess it will take a while as my machine is a 1.8 with the hdd..

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Dude, I don't know how yo posted your pictures, but something is seriously wrong. When this macrumors page tries to load I get a popup that says I have log in with your idisk name and password.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Dude, I don't know how yo posted your pictures, but something is seriously wrong. When this macrumors page tries to load I get a popup that says I have log in with your idisk name and password.
I get the same error.

It looks like he loaded the images from his iDisk.

sparkstack

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
pictures are fixed. and that is strange. i'm surprised it took 6 days.
My guess is that the thread-locking glue on the screw was holding it in place. I'm really gutted about it though because apart from this the machine is perfect, i've had no other issues with it at all so far.

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
Its a shame to have such a great machine that is built so well.. only to have an absolutely dumb flaw like that ruin it.

I feel your pain buddy... but you are right.. they will fix it one way or another.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

sparkstack said:
OMG I would be livid... that is horrible! I'm so sorry.
Why? What's the point in getting all stressed out about it? One way or the other Apple will fix it for me.

Great attitude.

sparkstack

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
The sent me a free 17" MBP for my macbook troubles and got to keep my macbook
Nice.

Anyway, quick update. Spoke to Applecare, and after a couple of false starts (the first two tech guys didn't transfer my call properly, so I ended up back at the apple care menu) I spoke to a very nice lady who patiently listened to me grumble about the first two guys, then proceeded to arrange a replacement.

I need to ship mine, at their cost, and when they see mine has shipped they will BTO one out to me. Gonna be without it for 3-5 days, but whatever. Hopefully the new one will be without problems, because apart from the little screw this machine hasn't seen any of the issues posted in other threads..

sparkstack

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Any offers for you being without it 3-5 days? Free 20$ itunes? haha
Nope. but then i wasn't really looking for any offers. Yes it sucks that I will be without it, but they are sending me a new one, which is all I wanted.

I'll just have to hold off selling the MBP.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
Look in my past threads, I wrote a letter, they called me, then sent me a free 17" MBP.

What were the specs on the 17" MBP? And how bad were your MB problems to warrant the awesome gift?

Sorry that I'm being too lazy to scroll through all of your past posts :D

vm8a72

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
screws

"Screws fall out all the time, the worlds' an imperfect place."
Bender-The Breakfast Club

sparkstack

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
If you take it to an AppleStore, they may be able to replace it on the spot.

TEG

No. It's a 1.8/80HD The stores sell 1.6/80HD or 1.8/64SSD I was hoping apple would say, "sure take it in the store and have a free upgrade to.." but alas it didnt happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.