Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:10 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple slips from UK Superbrand top ten

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple slips from UK Superbrand top ten
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:35 AM   #2
amiga
macrumors 6502

Don't know why...? They're still high prophile with the iPhone and so on...
amiga is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:37 AM   #3
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

iPhone hasn't been the smash hit here they were probably hoping for. iPods are old news (it's a brand and a product that is well settled in). Surprising, but not that surprising.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:20 AM   #4
aleksander
macrumors newbie

No wonder. I'm getting more and more frustrated with "little" things on my iPhone...
aleksander is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:50 AM   #5
fluidedge
macrumors 65816

yeh but look at what else is on the list. GSK, Rolls Royce, BP...

This is hardly a list of popular brands is it, it a list of the biggest brands in the UK. Apple are hardly going to shrink back from the UK at this news
fluidedge is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:51 AM   #6
omikjam
macrumors member

Maybe because most Apple products cost an arm and a leg in the UK? The iPhone was already old news when they finalled bothered to release it too...
omikjam is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:04 AM   #7
BlakTornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by edesignuk View Post
iPhone hasn't been the smash hit here they were probably hoping for.
People are interested but just not interested enough. Plus I think a lot of us have more common sense (Or not very good jobs :P) and can't afford the tariffs. I would certainly buy one if they had cheaper tariffs. 35 a month just seems like a waste of money. Even if it IS for the data.

And a near 300 for a phone is pretty ridiculous. Most new phones are around 200 tops... and only people on expensive contracts really get those.

iPods are old news (it's a brand and a product that is well settled in). Surprising, but not that surprising.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by omikjam View Post
Maybe because most Apple products cost an arm and a leg in the UK?
Well the price drop in iPod Shuffle will mean more people will buy iPods. Heck, I did. I was planning on getting an iPod Touch but I just can't save that much when I need other, more important things like Logic Express and various other things. Thus I decided to buy an iPod Shuffle because 30 really isn't too much to invest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omikjam View Post
The iPhone was already old news when they finalled bothered to release it too...
Yeah. Everyone knew about it because the yanks got it and we didn't. It's gonna be the same with every other country from here on. Maybe iPhone 2 will be an International release as Apple already has contracts with carriers, but I doubt it.
BlakTornado is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion