Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dustdingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
So I'm looking to get my significant other a new MacBook to use in her classroom. I'm glad to see they've given the Macbooks an upgrade today, but I'm debating if it's really worth the extra money to get the new processor. She doesn't do anything that the older "low end" models wouldn't handle without trouble, so would you say the updates today are worth the extra moolah? The extra money I'm referring to is that I can get a refurb from Apple for $799 (2.0 ghz, 1 GB RAM, 80gb HD) or a new one for $1,000. Any thoughts?

emoh

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
So I'm looking to get my significant other a new MacBook to use in her classroom. I'm glad to see they've given the Macbooks an upgrade today, but I'm debating if it's really worth the extra money to get the new processor. She doesn't do anything that the older "low end" models wouldn't handle without trouble, so would you say the updates today are worth the extra moolah? The extra money I'm referring to is that I can get a refurb from Apple for $799 (2.0 ghz, 1 GB RAM, 80gb HD) or a new one for $1,000. Any thoughts?

If I were you, I would go for the new model which last a long way. the HDD that comes with it, more than justifiable to get a new MB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.