Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
I just bought a 2.2 SR macbook from amazon last week and now this new macbook pro and macbook (I thought it was gonna be just the mbp) came out!!!!:mad: Is it worth my trouble to return to amazon and then buy a new one from apple?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I just bought a 2.2 SR macbook from amazon last week and now this new macbook pro and macbook (I thought it was gonna be just the mbp) came out!!!!:mad: Is it worth my trouble to return to amazon and then buy a new one from apple?

Yes. They have a very nice return policy.

TEG

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
ok, i'm just having more bad luck:

2 days ago I asked amazon for an exchange on my macbook because the lcd screen would click when i opened the laptop. Now i just looked at my amazon account and they shipped me a replacement laptop today! So i think I've just gotta call them and talk to someone about this whole thing.

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
Just called amazon and they told me to refuse the shipment on the replacement macbook and just return my original one! :D Now I'm off to macmall.com to order a new one! :D

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
found it...
K the new 2.4 is on its way :D too bad apple didn't incorporate the mutli-touch trackpad and LED backlight into the macbook this time around though

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
i know i know. its just that i wish i would have waited a week and could have avoided all of this.

tremendous

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
UK? Yeah I'm OK. Stop asking.
little difference in power?????? :rolleyes:
sure thing n00b

hahah you called me a n00b! good one..

so seriously, you got last weeks old slow and outdated macbook. what difference, really, is this new, up to date and modern macbook going to make? What motivates you except the desire to have the newest and best? Come on, i'm curious...

Luzzio

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Malaysia
hahah you called me a n00b! good one..

so seriously, you got last weeks old slow and outdated macbook. what difference, really, is this new, up to date and modern macbook going to make? What motivates you except the desire to have the newest and best? Come on, i'm curious...

While the name calling wasn't justifiable, I think the trouble for the upgrade was.

His original purchase was faulty, so he'd need to replace it anyway. Why not get the latest one then?

A few calls hardly seems that much of a hassle.

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
Well think about it, in a year or so if I want to upgrade and sell, which would yield a better selling price, a 2yr old macbook or the last model...this one will be faster/more memory and be easier to sell in the long run. Same with cars, if you were to buy the exact same model, would you like a mid 06 or a newer 07?????

Joesanerd

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
Yea... i missed the upgrade by a month... i really wish i woulda known.. The only thing that ticks me off is that HD, 250gb..... ouch, lots of ouch

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I just had my MB 2.16 replaced...

Well think about it, in a year or so if I want to upgrade and sell, which would yield a better selling price, a 2yr old macbook or the last model...this one will be faster/more memory and be easier to sell in the long run. Same with cars, if you were to buy the exact same model, would you like a mid 06 or a newer 07?????

due to some damage with the screen that was noted 3 weeks after I bought it, and Apple finally came around and stepped up to the plate and exchanged it for a MB 2.4 this afternoon. My specs:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
250GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth

I was doing back-flips out the door! Oooh-rah! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.