Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
This is all quoted from Ipod Touch Fans forum here

OK, here it is, the 1.1.4 jailbreak "soft upgrade" Yes we changed our name to DevCon Team because our name sounded like the iphone elite team, and don't want any more confusion.
What you need:
8gb, 16gb, or 32gb iPod Touch
Jailbroken in 1.1.2 ONLY (It works on 1.1.1, but there is a DRM issue)
BSD subsystem installed
Open SSH Installed
Wireless access on your iPod
Windows Computer (don't have a mac version yet)

So all you do is download This Package, Put the 1.1.4 Jailbreak folder on your desktop, and open it up. Find the file inside called jailbreak, and double click it. At this point make sure your ipod is on, fully charged, or plugged in, that it meets the requirements above, has auto lock set to never, and connected to wifi. Now follow the instructions that will be shown on screen. at the end it should restart by itself and boot into a jailbroken with the iphone applications 1.1.4. Now the whole process may take anywhere from 20-45minutes depending on your internet connection, it takes so long because it has to download the firmware from apple. Now at some points it may look like it is frozen and not doing anything, but leave it alone it is working.

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
has anyone tested this properly?
can't you upgrade from 1.1.3 jb?
i rather wait for a proper ziphone version to support 16 gb and bigger touches. then you'll have a clean jb instead of these flasher apps.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
well like I said it was from the ipod touch fans forum, theres like 12 + pages of replies on the jailbreak I personally haven't been able to test it as I only found it this morning just before work and unable to jailbreak in work

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I am back on 1.1.3, I tried this jailbreak it never worked for me just liek the 1.1.3 version of this type of jailbreak ah well I'm happy non the less with 1.1.3

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
i'm waiting for a real jailbreak. like ziphone for ipod.
this is a hybrid 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 jb.
still nice work!

Chris Stroud

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
I am back on 1.1.3, I tried this jailbreak it never worked for me just liek the 1.1.3 version of this type of jailbreak ah well I'm happy non the less with 1.1.3

Did you try it from 1.1.3? because if you did, then it will fail every time. it HAS to be 1.1.2 jailbroken with BSD subsystem 2.1 installed and optionally Open SSH

romerjim77

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
where is the installer?

hey guys, I was co-developer on this and I can confirm that it works well. maybe even better than the 1.1.3 soft update, but I guess that's opinionated.

we also have an installer based version at the repo:

http://www.ishdev.bravehost.com/repo.xml

thanks!

-DevCon

dude im a noobie however i jailbreak 1.1.4 thw way your team create...but, where is the installer? i can see a folder name installer in the file that i donwload but how can i get to make it work on my ipod?

PS: im from venezuela so you will have to excuse my english

Chris Stroud

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
dude im a noobie however i jailbreak 1.1.4 thw way your team create...but, where is the installer? i can see a folder name installer in the file that i donwload but how can i get to make it work on my ipod?

PS: im from venezuela so you will have to excuse my english

hmm so it doesn't show up on the springboard at all?

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Did you try it from 1.1.3? because if you did, then it will fail every time. it HAS to be 1.1.2 jailbroken with BSD subsystem 2.1 installed and optionally Open SSH

nope I followed the instructions, I was on 1.1.2 with bsd an ssh, the dos program got so far with the uploading then asked login as? I typed root then password as alpine (not changed any passwords/logins, then it said zsh: invalid command (or something like that) and then said everything was successful and mentioned my ipod should have rebooted which it hadn't.

I rebooted ipod and just like the windows based 1.1.3 dos jailbreak program it never worked.

Chris Stroud

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
nope I followed the instructions, I was on 1.1.2 with bsd an ssh, the dos program got so far with the uploading then asked login as? I typed root then password as alpine (not changed any passwords/logins, then it said zsh: invalid command (or something like that) and then said everything was successful and mentioned my ipod should have rebooted which it hadn't.

I rebooted ipod and just like the windows based 1.1.3 dos jailbreak program it never worked.

ok, the new method from installer seems to be more efficient for most people. add the repo from above in installer from a fresh 1.1.2 with BSD 2.1 and Open SSH and let the iPod sit up to an hour and a half. it will reboot. if it sits for an unreasonable amount of time, like 2.5 hours or something, force reboot it. I have a fast connection and this takes about 35 minutes for me.

Chris Stroud

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
nop...i can see in the file a folder with the installer app but how can i get it to work?

please do your best to be more specific. I assume that instaler works, but you are just getting the default.png that has the Mac Appications folder icon on it. this can be solved by chmod'ing the file in SSH. but, please be more specific. I really want to help everybody get this done successfully.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
ok, the new method from installer seems to be more efficient for most people. add the repo from above in installer from a fresh 1.1.2 with BSD 2.1 and Open SSH and let the iPod sit up to an hour and a half. it will reboot. if it sits for an unreasonable amount of time, like 2.5 hours or something, force reboot it. I have a fast connection and this takes about 35 minutes for me.

yep the repo works :D got me a jailbroken 1.1.4 well a soft upgrade lol

romerjim77

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
im getting frustrated

please do your best to be more specific. I assume that instaler works, but you are just getting the default.png that has the Mac Appications folder icon on it. this can be solved by chmod'ing the file in SSH. but, please be more specific. I really want to help everybody get this done successfully.

ok...forgetit, and i try the ipodtouchmaster new way and didnt work eather ¬¬...i just dont know waht to do tu have 1.1.4 jailbroken. ok listen...i got a new question...is there any way that i can change the information of a song without using itunes? information such as the name f the artist, albun etc,?
if this one doesnt exist why not creat one?.

PS: if you know for another method (no ziphone) to jailbreak 1.1.4 please let me know

TheMonkey

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
Felixstowe
ok...forgetit, and i try the ipodtouchmaster new way and didnt work eather ¬¬...i just dont know waht to do tu have 1.1.4 jailbroken. ok listen...i got a new question...is there any way that i can change the information of a song without using itunes? information such as the name f the artist, albun etc,?
if this one doesnt exist why not creat one?.

PS: if you know for another method (no ziphone) to jailbreak 1.1.4 please let me know

FixTunes For Windows, You Can And It also Automatically Corrects The Song, I'm not sure if it what you mean but anyway.

TheMonkey

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
Felixstowe
I open Jailbreak and Run it and Enter The Ipod Ip which i take the (198..... ) in the code. Then I Enter The password.
But Then It says

"Transfering files...."

Then.
"Fatal: Network Error: Connection Timed Out"

And I'm Connect To Wifi.

So What the problem?

Chris Stroud

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
I open Jailbreak and Run it and Enter The Ipod Ip which i take the (198..... ) in the code. Then I Enter The password.
But Then It says

"Transfering files...."

Then.
"Fatal: Network Error: Connection Timed Out"

And I'm Connect To Wifi.

So What the problem?

you may have forgotten to install openssh or you may be having a network error. Something is stopping the batch file from accessing the iPod

cavebob

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Hey so I did this and ht JB went swell. It works and all but all i have are the basic apps on my screen. All my previously installed stuff was not there. They were still in installer and listed as installed, but they weren't on the screen. Any ideas? Also how do i get my themes going again?

Chris Stroud

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Hey so I did this and ht JB went swell. It works and all but all i have are the basic apps on my screen. All my previously installed stuff was not there. They were still in installer and listed as installed, but they weren't on the screen. Any ideas? Also how do i get my themes going again?

well, all of the apps were erased but some of the info was backed up, like all of your installer stuff so I think you will just have to reinstall everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.