Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:25 AM   #1
PenrynMBP
macrumors member

Difference between buying online and buying at a Apple Retail store?

Hey guys, I am just wondering what the difference is when buying an Apple MACBOOK PRO online, and buying it from a retail store. Does it matter?

Cause like, why would people order and wait a few days for shipping, when they can just go to their closest Retail Apple store or Best Buy and just get one right away?
` 2GB Ram
ordered February 27, 2008
PenrynMBP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:28 AM   #2
ethernet76
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenrynMBP View Post
Hey guys, I am just wondering what the difference is when buying an Apple MACBOOK PRO online, and buying it from a retail store. Does it matter?

Cause like, why would people order and wait a few days for shipping, when they can just go to their closest Retail Apple store or Best Buy and just get one right away?
Not everyone lives next to an Apple Store. Some of us don't really care. Two hours, seven days, it doesn't matter.
ethernet76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:28 AM   #3
Shredster00
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Shredster00
When you buy online you can get BTO options like the 200 GB 7200 RPM HD.
Shredster00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:55 AM   #4
MacBookJoePro
macrumors regular

ethernet76 is right. There are some people who live 2 hours or more from an apple store. Then there are people like me who live in the bay area, CA (SF area) and can go to any of the 5 apple stores within a 30 miles radius of my home. If one apple store didn't have the new peryns MBP, then I could just drive 10-15 mins to another apple store that did have them. Gotta love livin the bay area!!

A little map of where i live: = apple store;

ME
MacBookJoePro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:55 AM   #5
PenrynMBP
macrumors member

THAT'S IT!? People told me that you get it built right from the factory FRESH instead of buying from a bunch of stocks that were already built a long time ago.
But for me, I will be the first Canadian to get mine because all the CANADIAN APPLE RETAIL STORES say they won't have it in till 1-2 weeks later. HAHA, I AM GETTING IT WAY BEFORE THE CANADIAN STORES
` 2GB Ram
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:57 AM   #6
PenrynMBP
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBookJoePro View Post
ethernet76 is right. There are some people who live 2 hours or more from an apple store. Then there are people like me who live in the bay area, CA (SF area) and can go to any of the 5 apple stores within a 30 miles radius of my home. If one apple store didn't have the new peryns MBP, then I could just drive 10-15 mins to another apple store that did have them. Gotta love livin the bay area!!
Man I love California, holy **** I been there twice last year, its like my favourite place you lucky.
` 2GB Ram

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro