Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:57 AM   #1
mary81
macrumors newbie

How to make an ebook cover?

I have to design an ebook cover for my first ebook. Do you have any suggestions? I don't have a license for Photoshop, so I can't use any tutorials.
thx,Mary
mary81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:37 AM   #2
digitalnicotine
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Congrats on making your first ebook. There is a free Photoshop alternative called Gimp. Here is the link.
digitalnicotine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:11 AM   #3
mary81
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnicotine View Post
Congrats on making your first ebook. There is a free Photoshop alternative called Gimp. Here is the link.
Thanks digitalnicotine for your suggestion. I read about the Gimp, but never tried. Actually, not the images are my problem, but making them look like a real book. I searched a little and found some software that make ebook covers using my images. Some of them have templates. I wanted to try eCover Engineer, but it doesn't have a MAC version. Do you have a better suggestion?
mary81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:49 AM   #4
Ovi Dogar
macrumors newbie

How to create an ebook cover

Here is a free resource for creating amazing ebook covers: http://www.absolutecovers.com/blog/2...action-script/
Ovi Dogar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:15 AM   #5
Fairuz Talib
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I don't have a license for Photoshop
You can download the evaluation version, and then copy your design by doing screen capture and paste it on another app.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:00 PM   #6
7on
macrumors 601

Often the best thing to to is find an old out of print book and scan the cover, changing the text with GIMP or whathaveyou.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:46 AM   #7
pollu
macrumors newbie

ebook covers

I'm a newbie on ebook covers and want to trial something easy and free before committing to something I may have to ditch and leave to the professionals. I've looked at and downloaded some of the thoughts here, but nothing seems obvious. It's probably me, but is there something that may suit me? I have an eMac with OS 3.9. I have downloaded Photoshop's free trial.
pollu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics