Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Haha, Jon's propper mental then....

It's definitely a laugh, but not exactly side splitting, still, anythings better than the original strip...

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
Saw this earlier on the Presurfer. The ones I liked best were the one with Mrs. Feeny's card and the one where Jon says "Oh the pain!". They both stand exceptionally well on their own.

do that to any strip and you get the same results.

but i'll concede it's less annoying this way.

Actually I think Garfield is one of the best candidates for erasing a character along with their dialogue, because Jon is usually going off on a tangent anyway. The strip seems to be less about the jokes than gags.

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
Actually I think Garfield is one of the best candidates for erasing a character along with their dialogue, because Jon is usually going off on a tangent anyway. The strip seems to be less about the jokes than gags.

Any strip with an obnoxious animal interacting with humans would probably work just as well.

And as a sad example of the state of our modern society, there's no lack of such comic strips...

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Much better.

This one reminded me a bit of Tom Cruise.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 137

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

What ruined Garfield for me was his voice. As a kid Garfield was one of my favorites beacause I gave him a funny voice. When I first heard his condescending, depressing voice it was no longer funny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.