Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:11 PM   #1
mchank
macrumors regular

Do the local Apple stores still sell refurbished items?

My local Apple store, usually one weekend a month, used to put out their returned/refurbished items for sale. It usually was a good time to get big discounts on accessories and such, but I haven't seen them do it for awhile. Have the stores stopped doing this and what do they do with returned items?
mchank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:14 PM   #2
AppleNewton
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchank View Post
My local Apple store, usually one weekend a month, used to put out their returned/refurbished items for sale. It usually was a good time to get big discounts on accessories and such, but I haven't seen them do it for awhile. Have the stores stopped doing this and what do they do with returned items?

nope this is all handled by Apple's online store. (for the most part)

all returned items, usually gets refreshed at the Apple's return warehouse and from there they may o rmay not end up on the refurb page at the site, others have suggested they also goto various apple authorized resellers, but im not 100% sure about that.
AppleNewton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:16 PM   #3
brn2ski00
macrumors 68020

I said no on this post yesterday, but other people say different.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=refurb+retail
brn2ski00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Stampyhead
macrumors 68020

The Apple store near where I used to live in AZ would have their monthly 'fire sale' at the end of each month where they would sell refreshed items from the store. When they stopped doing this I asked them about it and they said that all refreshed and refurbished items are now sent back to Apple and sold through their online refurb store. I'm guessing they started doing this for QC reasons, having things checked and repaired in one location rather than all over the place.
Stampyhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 01:18 PM   #5
heyisa
macrumors member

Sometimes

You can get some good deals on demo units, and open box items every once in awhile. I got a couple largely discounted ipods that way.
heyisa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 01:42 PM   #6
mchank
macrumors regular

Do they not sell returned accessories anymore like ipod stuff and usb hubs? I once got an Elgato tuner for super cheap because it was returned.
mchank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 02:27 PM   #7
f1
macrumors 6502

They still do it at Canadian Apple Stores, i just saw on store in Toronto do it just a week ago, however, they never sell refreshed apple products, all 3rd party stuff.
f1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice