Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 28, 2008, 07:34 PM   #1
furcalchick
macrumors 68020

itunes says there isn't enough space when it's not true

over the past couple of days, i've been trying to sync my ipod to itunes (7.2), and the problem is specially with the podcasts. i have about 5 gigs of podcasts on itunes, but i have it set that only new podcasts are brought over to the ipod. i have about a gig of free space left on my first gen nano, and the new podcasts only take up around 100 mb. the thing is that it keeps saying that there is not enough space to hold those podcasts, even though i have the space to hold the new ones that i have set on my ipod. anyone know what's going on?
furcalchick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:26 AM   #2
honeycrisp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by furcalchick View Post
over the past couple of days, i've been trying to sync my ipod to itunes (7.2), and the problem is specially with the podcasts. i have about 5 gigs of podcasts on itunes, but i have it set that only new podcasts are brought over to the ipod. i have about a gig of free space left on my first gen nano, and the new podcasts only take up around 100 mb. the thing is that it keeps saying that there is not enough space to hold those podcasts, even though i have the space to hold the new ones that i have set on my ipod. anyone know what's going on?
Perhaps the playlist is messed up and is trying to move more than you think. I had this problem with TV shows the other day on my ipHone...
honeycrisp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 07:16 PM   #3
furcalchick
macrumors 68020

i have been trying to get my new podcasts on there to no avail. worse, is that itunes won't take off the current podcasts (i have it set where all played shows are off the ipod). i switch basically all the parameters i can think of and still, these three screens shown below come up (of course i said no). any idea of what's going on? btw, huddy's the name of my ipod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod0.png
Views:	35
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	106130   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod1.png
Views:	35
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	106131   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod2.png
Views:	32
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	106132  

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:02 AM   #4
furcalchick
macrumors 68020

i got it fixed by restoring the ipod and then setting to manually manage my music, even though i still got the (there's not enough space) message when i try to set the music sync to automatic. i found out that itunes wanted to sync 16 shows on the ipod (when i only asked for 3-5), and i'm still trying to see why that is. the podcast sync is set to automatic though, and it's working fine now. i'm going to keep an eye on this in the coming days and see what went wrong, and why the ipod full messages kept popping up.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store