Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 29, 2008, 01:11 AM   #1
blackbirde
macrumors newbie

Mail crash? "Welcome to Mail"

I stepped away from my laptop and the battery ran out. When I restarted, Mail said something about restarting to fix an error. When it restarted, I got the "Welcome to Mail" screen to set up my mail accounts.

Mail has been acting funny for a bit since I've upgraded to Leopard: junk mail in my mailboxes when it should go straight to trash, incorrect unread mail count next to the folders...

I repaired permissions on the disk to no avail. Trashed the preference file too, as others have suggested, but no dice.
I have found my Mail data in user/Library/Mail and copied it to my desktop. how can I restore it?

Last edited by blackbirde; Feb 29, 2008 at 01:26 AM.
blackbirde is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Ugg
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Ugg
In the menu bar, go to File>Import Mailboxes and follow the instructions. It will create new mail import folders and you'll have to sort them out.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store